Nature For All
At Conservation Ontario, we believe that there should be zero tolerance towards racism, prejudice, and discrimination within our organization, Conservation Areas, and society as a whole. Conservation Ontario will work closely with Ontario’s 36 Conservation Authorities to ensure that Conservation Areas remain a safe and inclusive space for people to enjoy and participate in, equally and equitably.
Inclusion in Nature Means
- Building awareness, education and relationships that promote greenspaces as safe and inclusive spaces for people to enjoy, equally and equitably
- Redefining what outdoorsy means and looks like
- Ensuring the voices and stories of Black, Indigenous and People of Colour are heard and told
- Seeing people that look like me in images promoting the outdoors
- Feeling safe, welcomed and a sense of belonging on trails